Combinatorics, number theory and mathematics in Indian culture
These few links show the profundity and depth of contribution of India in mathematics. Mathematics was a common theme in arts, science and spirituality.
- Paduka sahasra – The famous Knight’s tour problem which was a classical math problem and a tough nut to crack was solved through a poem dedicated to Lord Sri Rama’s sandals. What a unique way to solve a math puzzle – through a poem. Check the link here, also view the flash animation here.
- Mathematics of poetry[^]
- Mathematics of raaga [^]
Ayurveda or Science of Life
- Combinatorics of tastes and humours in classical Indian medicine [^]
- Mathematics in the vedas [^]
You might also want to check the links below about which I have already blogged about. This is obviously not a complete spectrum of mathematics in Indian thought, I will blog about it as and when I come across Interesting finds.
- Rebecca Newburn’s site on Vedic mathematics [^]
- Prof Krishnamurthy’s site on Science and spirituality [^]